[Sca-cooks] Wonderful news from Lochac

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Tue Jul 8 15:07:13 PDT 2003

Thanks everyone for your well wishes - It's been a few months now since they
asked me to join the order and I'm afraid it's still not quite sunk in.

LOL! and of course I've not really started making my elevation garb yet -
too many cooking events lately and each one I've said "Once this ones over I
*really* will start sewing"... but I've got a few weeks to go so the new
Tudor outfit *May* get organised yet.

But then as I keep pointing out to them - I *don't* need new garb because
it'll only get grubby in the kitchen :-p  (two of our local Pelicans are
also Laurels - both are aghast at this attitude - [insert insane laughter
here])

And if anyone can proffer advice / information on ways the ceremony could be
structured so that I have the least amount of verbal responses to make I'd
appreciate it (my hearing slips badly when I'm stressed and I just know I'm
not going to be able to hear the Audio cues from the Herald on the day)

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/paxford/