[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic - meals, etc - sorta OT

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 20:34:22 PDT 2003

The Odd Olwen commented:
> I leave extra money tucked away in my car.  In two places actually.  I
> have
> one stash of money for the return trip so I know I actually have
> enough.
> The other stash is spending money.  Of course, I keep a couple sets of
> dry clothes and shoes in there too.  Always a good idea.
All good ideas.
For those who might be new to Pennsic, perhaps these files in the
PENNSIC section of the Florilegium might be of interest:
Eatng-Pennsic-art (24K)  5/14/01    "Eating in (Period) Style at
Pennsic" by
                                        Lord Bogdan de la Brasov, CW.
Enchnted-Grd-msg  (27K)  8/ 5/96    Duke Caridoc's period encampment at
Pennsic.
Fire-Book-art    (739K) 12/28/00    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use.
BP-Thingie-art    (38K)  9/30/94    Bart's Pennsic guidebook w.
Estrella addm.
   (This a very good overview of things to be aware of)
Pennsic-Prep-art  (12K)  8/22/02    "A Newcomer's Guide for Pre-Pennsic
Prep"
                                         by Lady Meliora Leuedai de
Ardescote.
Pennsic-water-msg  (5K)  7/27/01    Dealing with the Pennsic drinking
water.
P-Food-Safety-art  (7K)  7/19/01    "Pennsic Food Safety" by Andrew
MacRobb.

There are also a few files to read for entertainment:
P-stories-msg     (65K)  9/ 8/99    Pennsic stories.
P-tale-MWIFO-art  (23K)  8/26/96    Making Wrought Iron from Ore at
Pennsic 24.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas