[Sca-cooks] A bewilderment...

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 12 22:53:20 PDT 2003

> As for non-meat meat, look at the fine soy products available.
> I give you "tofurky".  Certainly I don't want it.  Tofu /qua/ tofu
> is fine stuff;  it's when it's forced to imitate other foods that
> it becomes a joke, and one in bad taste at that.
>
> Selene

I couldn't agree more, but I do like Tofurkey Jerky.  It comes in several
flavors, has good texture, and doesn't make me think it's trying to be
something it isn't.  Of course, it isn't like I'm substituting for beef
jerky, which I think I may have tasted once while working in a Magic Market
during High School. Oh, yeah, I've had some venison and buffalo jerky, both
of which were good, but homemade, not the stuff that comes in a
plastic-wrapped tube.
Christianna