[Sca-cooks] Romanian Cookbook

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 00:18:54 PDT 2003

--- Varju at aol.com wrote:
> I'd be interested in any of the recipes you
> might want to share with us.  I
> expect it may be as close as I can get to
> period Hungarian recipes for the time
> being.
>
> Noemi

Have you looked at the recipes of Marxen Rumpolt?
While he was a German, he grew up in Hungary and
has some recipes that he labels as being "in the
Hungarian style".  I would consider these the
closest you can get at the moment.  Romania was
not the same country as Hungary any more that
Poland was.  I wouldn't use Romanian recipes for
Hungarian. Just because they are Eastern
European, doesn't mean they had the same roots.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.