[Sca-cooks] Brief Drachenwald 10th Year Celebration report

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Thu Jul 17 12:51:27 PDT 2003

Also sprach david friedman:
>Lucrezia wrote:
>
>>The recipes, if you're interested, are posted here:
>>www.thorngrove.net/athenaeum/10YC-feast.htm
>>Apparently the plum pudding, chickpea soup, and walnut & garlic sauce were
>>particularly nice.
>
>The chickpea soup does look good. Do you know what the original
>version of the recipe is? It says it is from Menagier, but I looked
>through Menagier and couldn't find it.

I thought I recognized it as the Brodo of Red Chickpeas recipe;
looking on the Web, this is what it appears to be. I've also cooked
this with success, but have since forgotten, offhand, the source.

Anybody? Brodo of Red Chickpeas? It's listed in Redon's "The Medieval
Kitchen" as being from Le Menagier... Any chance you're looking for
it in the incomplete Powers edition?

Adamantius