[Sca-cooks] 'kitchen fright'?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 24 08:55:33 PDT 2003

Jadwiga wrote:

> Is there a term for that sinking feeling you get soon before an event
> where you're cooking the big meal (other than neurotic panic)? Something
> like stage fright. They say that some serious stage actors still get stage
> fright all through their career.

Some very big name actors are nearly crippled with stage fright.  Sir Derek
Jacobi, for instance.  At last report, Sir Peter Ustinov still vomits before
every performance.  Um, try not to do that in the kitchen.  :-o

> I'm getting kitchen fright... for War
> Camp. Oh My. I'm sure I could run the dayboard in my sleep... but the
> trouble is having to run it when I'm awake and paying attention. :)

Baby, you'll be great!  You are so smart and always so well prepared.
Everyone will be happy and well-fed.

Cheerleader Selene, pika choo <GGG>