[Sca-cooks] Restaurants at Pennsic

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 06:34:21 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/27/2003 11:32:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wandap at hevanet.com writes:

> Seriously, are there any places that don't rely heavily on carbs to fill up
> their diners?  I have money and will pay for a steak, or actual decent sized
> piece of protein.  Or will I have to go off site?

Well, let's see.  Beast and Boar serves a number of meat-based entrees with a
choice of sides; whether any of them will be suitable I don't know, although
I'm sure the Pennsic potatos won't be.  I am not sure if if is possible to
purchase the meat portion a la carte.
The Bread Bowl serves their foods in a bread bowl, but you don't have to eat
it.  A lot of their meals contain pasta, but I am not sure they all do.
Everything at the Chinese place has lots of veggies (Veg-all type, mostly)
and rice.
The Mediteranean Grill I believe has some things that are just meat.
The pizza place is out, as it the place that sells the cheese steaks, unless
you can talk them into just giving you the steak.  Why you'd want to I don't
know, as it's pretty generic chopped-and-formed meat patty, and nasty as far as
I'm concerned.
There is a place over on the other side near the barn that does hamburgers
and similar items.
The  Cooper's store also sells a variety of cold cuts, bacon, hot dogs,
sausages, and made up subs/hoagies.

Brangwayna