[Sca-cooks] Fwd:Elizabethan Cookery

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 22:28:24 PDT 2003

Maire quoted an article:
> Puddings & Preserves: Elizabethan Cookery at Hampton Court Palace
> LONDON- (July 28, 2003)– As part of the year-long celebration marking
> the 400th anniversary of Elizabeth I's death, costumed historians
> will be cooking and experimenting with 16th century recipes using
> reproductions of the tools and equipment of the time. \

> ...find out what makes a sausage a pudding and why a pudding is not
> always a dessert!
Well, I can't make this event. Does anyone know the answer to this
first question? I've dealt with this before in trying to categorize
whether various recipes should go in the sausages-msg file or the
puddings-msg file. But I can see where pudding is not always a dessert.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com