[Sca-cooks] Portuguese cookbook online

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 03:11:48 PDT 2003

On 1 Jun 2003, at 1:02, Faerisa wrote:

> In modern terminology, yes, they are two different entities.  The fact that they
> used used both terms in different recipes suggests to me that they meant two
> different things in the manuscript as well.  Mind you, I can't attest to
> linguistic differences of the time.  This is the original manuscript right?

It's a transcription, not a facsimile, so there's always the possibility of error.  The
catalog entry says "Edición digital basada en la de Rio de Janeiro, Fundação
Biblioteca Nacional".  I would take that to mean that it was transcribed from a
manuscript in the Brazilian national library.

> Cervantes library doen't modernize their spellings, do they?

Yes and no.  But when the digital edition is based on a modern print edition rather
than the original, they note it in the catalog record.

> Faerisa (trying to wind down after seeing a very late showing of X-Men 2 -
> finally!)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net