[Sca-cooks] The Tile Project (was Orlaith's cake)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 1 23:01:12 PDT 2003

Orlaith replied to me with:
> Sorry Stefan, my Pennsic projects are already lined up for this
> year.  Maybe next year?
Okay. I understand how projects can multiply. I don't know if this
wierd project will continue past this summer. I'm not sure even how
much participation there will be this year.

We are going to be putting a pre-registration form on the website, so
maybe that will give us some idea if we're going to get more than a
handful of entries.

Perhaps you could suggest to Roxanne that she might want to make a
bobbin lace tile? :-)

I am concerned about how well word about this project is getting out.
Part of the difficulty is that because this is a Known World wide
project, it is difficult to personally encourage folks to consider
entering a tile, although I did do some of that at the local event I
was at yesterday. You all hear about it from me, (you may be thinking
"yeah, too much") and some will see it in my monthly Florilegium
articles. But I fear this is not giving us the coverage that I had
hoped for.

I have sent a copy of the flyer for the Tile Project that I was handing
out at the event yesterday to Serena, so she can put it on the Tile
Project website when she gets a chance.
( http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/ )

I'm hoping some folks will be willing to print this handout out and
perhaps hand it out, or make it available at various SCA events.

Stefan
> >> A bobbin-lace cake! How wonderful! I take it that Roxanne is a lace
> >> maker?
> >> --maire, embroidery and textile geek masquerading as a cook....
> > Now there's an idea. A bobbin lace tile for the Florilegium Tile
> > Project. Perhaps you or Roxanne would like to enter a tile? (See
> > http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/ )
> > Stefan
> > So, what are you making for the Florilegium Tile Project?...
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com