[Sca-cooks] cooks and books

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Wed Jun 4 04:42:22 PDT 2003

We began cataloging the non-fiction about two years ago and are now over
1000 volumes and about 3/4 of the way through.  After a fiasco with LC,
we went back to Dewey - where similar subjects are next to each other on
the shelf - and are quite pleased that (now that the NF books have nice
numbered spine labels) when books are taken out and used they can easily

Now for the relevant cooking remark, let me say that I have a whole
sheet of 642.5942 labels already printed, as those seem to be a
significant chunk of my acquisitions.

But the whole idea of trying to do anything with the fiction section,
other than divide SF from other fiction and try to vaguely shelve by
author, is a task that daunts the soul.  We have a high school student
coming in to work this summer to shelve books, if he has time, perhaps
he can count.  But I think cataloging is probably right out - there
aren't that many lines on an Excel spreadsheet.

Elaina

--
To be humble to superiors is duty,
  to equals courtesy,