[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 15 16:17:48 PDT 2003

Nichola asked:
> Ok this is a question from someone who was looking for my shopping list
> and drew a blank...
> Exactly what are grains of paradise....
> And I do mean other than Hops for beer or grain for alcohol....
Well, I think they may be used in an alcoholic beverage, but I can't
remember which one right now. Basically these are a pepper similar to
the common pepper, but with a more complex taste. Check out this file
in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the Florilegium:
G-of-Paradse-msg  (66K)  8/ 2/00    History and use of the spice Grains
of
                                        Paradise.
Stefan
--------