[Sca-cooks] 12th Night - the end of my story

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 16 10:03:58 PDT 2003

Before the rumors start flying:

1.  I am no longer the head cook for the upcoming 2004 Caid Twelfth
Night.
2.  Yes, I am unhappy about it.  My household's reactions are mixed:
from "whew, you dodged that bullet" to "Idiots."
3.  It seems that my passion for the ultimate historical feast was
incompatible with the plans already made by the event autocrat.  We are
calling it "artistic differences."
4.  Yes, I have already been replaced, although I do not know with
whom.  I wish them joy.
5. No, I'm not going to backstab anybody over it.  Life is too short for
that sort of nonsense and I don't play that game.  I might even go to
the banquet to support my dear friends' first kingdom event as hosting
baronage.  Hmm, "Banquo's Ghost" was a Shakespeare character...
6.  I had a short conversation with event autocrat Fu Ching Lan on
Saturday, accepting the dismissal.  What I did was hand her the existing
12th Night supplies, consisting of one large jar of cinnamon, and said
the following:  "This is to remind you to treat your volunteers with
sweetness and respect.  That's all I have to say."  She said all right,
and that was the whole of the conversation.

Remember, Dame Rumour is a notoriously unreliable deponant.  Direct
communication is best.
Please contact me DIRECTLY if you have any questions or chocolate.

Selene Colfox
OP, OLC, OHA, ODC, SR etc.
Sable Fret Pursuivant
selene at earthlink.net