[Sca-cooks] argh spicing

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat Jun 21 16:53:03 PDT 2003

So, I redacted the Prune sauce from the Medieval kitchen-- yes I will post
the original in a bit-- yesterday, and had it available as part of my
spices class today.

But I was too busy (especially after I knocked over the bowl of prunes and
wine) to record as I went along. So I'm not sure what I put into it. I
just added and adjusted until it tasted right and made up for the wierd
thing the cassia/cinnamon was doing== brand new container from a good
supplier, and it was not spicy enough and much too woody.

The question that comes to mind is, do the recipes say 'good spices'
because you spice to taste, or do you think the appropriate spices were
predetermined, or were they chosen for their humors, or all of the above?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"What don't die can't live. What don't live can't change. What don't
change can't learn." -- Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_