[Sca-cooks] the seduction of Johnnae and other worldly matters

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:59:04 PDT 2003

>Johnnae wrote:
> > Borders has done it again. They have lured me over to
> > meet another author and buy more books. This one should
> > be different anyway [....]
> > Steven Raichlen is in town to sign copies of his BBQ books.
>
>And my tongue-in-cheek response to that is, of course, that I suspect
>anyone who said "hey Johnnae, cookbooks over here!" would be accused of
>the same! :)
>
>I thought I was bad about buying books. Then I met Dame Alys and heard
>about her food book collection, bowing to a master. Then Dame Alys told
>me about *your* collection. If I had more vacation time, I'd see if I
>could book rooms near your personal library! You guys scare me!
>
>Iasmin "Woo hoo! More bookshelves!" de Cordoba

Oh, I don't mind that Johnnae has so many books.  I just got a packet in the
mail today from her containing a book she found at an irrisitable price, but
of course she already had.  So now it's mine!  The lovely book is titled
"The Book of Sweets" by Marina Schinz.  Now I have to track down how to make
puebla, Mexico's equivalent of marzipan, which is made from pumpkin seeds.
And I am equally interested in learning how to make what I think is called
nerikiri, a rice flour and sugar hard molded candy.
I got something else too, but I don't think I'm supposed to say.
THANK YOU JOHNNAE!!!  YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!
Olwen, busy with nose in book