[Sca-cooks] Pit roast Pig

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 6 22:09:57 PDT 2003

Mistress Nicolette Dufay OP, OWL, LOG, OST, AoA asked:
> We are being given the opportunity to pit roast a whole pig in a
> month's
> time. We have the pit (almost dug), we have the pig ready for
> slaughtering
> (by the professional butcher). Now all we need is a period method of
> cooking
> it and some sauces and stuff to go with it. Does anyone have any ideas?
You might check these files in the Florilegium:
In the FEASTS section:
Whole-Pig-Fst-art (36K)  9/22/98    Feast menu and recipes incl. a
roasted pig.
In the FOOD-MEATS section:
Cooking-Piggy-art  (5K)  9/27/01    A humorous adventure cooking a pig.
whole-pig-msg     (36K)  9/23/01    Info. on roasting a whole pig.
Experiences.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas