Greek rice- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Serving Hard Cooked Eggs

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jun 8 16:17:06 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> >This is called rice from Greece. You should take rice and boil it in
water
> >  until half done. Then pour out the water and boil the rice then in a
clean
> >fat
> >  and then pour the fat off and do not oversalt.
>
> The translation by Melitta Weiss Adamson says to finish the cooking by
> frying the rice in lard, then pour off the lard and sprinkle the rice with
> sugar. And do not oversalt.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cindy

Thanks, Cindy- another take is always good ;-)

What I did, since I had vegetarians to deal with, was fry the first batch in
olive oil, then the subsequent batches in the lovely goose and duck fat I
had from the goose stew- lovely flavor, and satisfied the vegetarians and
the carnivores without much extra effort.

Which phrase indicates the sugar?

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.