[Sca-cooks] Sekajabin

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jun 10 06:03:55 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> >After an emergency run to my mom's (the slightly-out-of-it neighbor cut
> >all the Mentha citrata out of my side yard, bless her), I am now halfway
> >through the first two gallons of sekajabin syrup of the summer. I use 2
> >parts mentha citrata (orange bergamot MINT) and 1 part lemon balm for the
> >mint leaves.

Well, Jadwiga, your neighbor likely did you a favor ;-) I was growing
peppermint in Ohio, and my ex very helpfully mowed mine down because "he
didn't know" (Yeah, like he hadn't seen me, during its first summer,
fertilizing and watering it, to give it a good start in difficult ground.)
What he didn't realize, was that this was the Mint That Would Conquer the
World, and that by mowing it, he just made it mad- it started growing twice
as hard ;-)

That stuff was amazing. After giving it a good start, I had left it to its
own devices, more or less, trapped between the house foundation, the cement
entryway sidewalk, and a carefully placed pile of brick rubble, and that
stuff would s-t-r-e-t-c-h across the sidewalk, and try to root itself in the
lawn...

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.