[Sca-cooks] Summer temperatures and our itenerary

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 08:22:54 PDT 2003

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> I wasn't there, but Mistress Signe Dimmridaela
> has told me many hilarious stories about that
> war. [Pennsic 4]

Signe has always been an unending source of hilarious stories!
That is what I treasure about her.  Where is she now?

> One of them about a certain Duck Fungus who fell
> face forward and got his pig-snout basinet stuck
> in several inches of mud.  Too bac he didn't drown ...

And you're not the first person to make that observation.
Well, it might have made a lot of people happier in the long run,
but I would have not known my handmaiden aka The Great Kat,
for she would not have been born.  Terrific kid.  Good cook too,
like you would expect anything less in this household?

Meanwhile, back on topic... Kat came with us to Potrero a couple
weeks ago and was perfectly resplendant in a properly hooped
and completely washable Elizabethan gown.  Seriously the belle
of Merchant's Row and quite comfortable too in the heat.
She had plenty of air circulation and shade under those hoops.
One young man said that "she looked like Light" and she floated
around the rest of the weekend on that compliment.  She has
also invented the "Hoopla" dance, which is what happens
when you start playing bellydance music around a bouncy
young lady in Elizabethans... arm movements as best as one
can with somewhat restricted shoulders, and swinging and
shimmying hoops!  Hoopla!

Selene Colfox