[Sca-cooks] Sekajabin

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 09:46:15 PDT 2003

Just my comments here.

First, i've never drunk a sekanjabin i liked. Generally too sweet and
not minty or sour enough for my taste. Even when i made it myself.

Second, the bottled sekanjabin that my local Persian store sells is
pale. I don't know what kind of vinegar is in it, but it's definitely
not balsamic or red wine vinegar. My guess is that white wine or
champagne vinegar would be best for flavor.

Third, since my trip to Spain, i'm a real convert to sherry vinegar.
Not Persian or Near Eastern, but, boy, do i love the flavor. Could be
good in sekanjabin, in an experimental vein...

Anahita