[Sca-cooks] Powder Fort

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jun 13 22:06:06 PDT 2003

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa asked:
> What do you put in your powder forte? I'm looking at:
> Cloves
> Ginger
> Cardamom
> Black Pepper
> Long Pepper
> Grains of Paradise
>
> But wanted to know what others do.
I've always bought mine from the Pepper's Guild at Pennsic. They've
published what they put in theirs, but I don't have that info readily
at hand. But perhaps this file in the PLANTSm HERBS AND SPICES section
of the Florilegium might be of interest:
spice-mixes-msg   (42K)  3/22/02    Period spice mixtures. Poudre
Forte, Douce.
Stefan
Yes, I'm back from Las Vegas and now trying to catch up on this list.
And oh yes, maybe get some stuff done for the Florilegium. Anyone going
to Lilies War, please look me up at the Florilegium Tile Project
Display in the A&S tents.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com