[Sca-cooks] Powder Fort

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 16 07:44:59 PDT 2003

> Personally, i haven't run across any information that would suggest
> the use of cardamom in poudre forte, although i'm sure it tastes good
> :-)

Thanks! I ended up using ginger, pepper and cloves because I was just
throwing spices on the mushrooms at the last minute. (Apparently, we did
get enough mushrooms for the feast and Sunday morning breakfast, but due
to my miscommunication, the extra mushrooms that feast got didn't get to
me, but were marinated instead. So, since there were extra marinated
mushrooms, I just sauted the whites of onions in oil, added the marinated
(sliced/quartered) mushrooms, sauted, added spices and served.