[Sca-cooks] FSG, Off Topic and OOP

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jun 16 20:53:07 PDT 2003

My week's been better and not-so-good.  I just got back from a longish
event which got plagued by high temps (80s-90s) and very dry conditions
(although not Atenveldt levels).  And we had a series of storm fronts
move through on Friday that had wind gusts up to 75 mph.  I'll be
coughing dust for days to come--the event was held in a large pasture in
a working dude ranch.  A good part of the dust was dried cow
by-products.  *koff* *sneeze*
On the more positive side...one of my best friends was made a Pelican
this past weekend, and two other dear friends were both called to
Pelican vigils (elevations in about two months).  And when I came home,
all the cats (I have 4, and they are my dearest family) were alive and
well, and my little potted garden of herbs are all flourishing.
On the stressful side, I came home to an eviction notice.  My landlord
has sold the property (I live in a tiny, cul-de-sac trailer court), and
the new owners are getting rid of all the trailers (we have 5), and
putting in multiple-unit housing.
*sigh*
I haven't moved in over 9 years, which is the longest I've ever lived
anywhere in one place, in my life (and I'm in my 40s).  I have
unbelievable piles of books, and cooking equipment, and enough fabric to
clothe a good-sized principality.  This is the last home I've had that
my Mom ever visited before she died.  I'm mourning the loss of my maple
trees, and my creek (runs behind the court), and the wild tansy, and the
plums I pick in the fall, and the big, shushing pine trees.
This s*cks......
--maire