[Sca-cooks] recipe for provalone cheese?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 13:17:04 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/18/2003 11:40:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lymadelina at earthlink.net writes:

> Does anyone have a good recipe for something with provalone cheese, along
> the lines of a tart or pottage or ??  (Husband bought a large cheese that I
> don't know what to do with, aside from just slicing it or toasting it on
> sandwiches.)

Don't know any period ones off-hand, but what I do know is that provolone
cheese is good on tons of sandwiches, not just toasted cheese!

One of my favorites is roast beef, provolone, mayo and horseradish on a
kaiser roll; add lettuce and tomato if you please.  I also like provolone on tuna
subs, and I bet it would make a good tuna melt, too.
Oh, and put it on top of chicken or veal parmesan, and I bet it would work in
lasagna, too.

Brangwayna