[Sca-cooks] Ahhh...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 09:49:23 PDT 2003

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Selene commented:
> > At this rate, my British adult cover will show up sooner.  <moue of
> > annoyance>
> Oh? Harry Potter now comes in XXX versions? :-)

<snort>  No, the British publisher had the brainwave of publishing the books
with innocuous covers that could be read by an dignified adult in a public
place like on a train without anyone knowing he was reading a "children's
book."  I have the first four in that form, so I had to get the fifth.

Then again, there is the highly entertaining fanfic, "The Naked Quidditch
Match."
<http://www.gryffindortower.net/Library/Anya/naked.htm>

> Stefan
> Who just doesn't understand this obsession/craze over Harry Potter. I
> guess I'll have to get a copy sometime...

I got the "bug" because I simply =had= to find out why all these preteens
were going so crazy for a BOOK for goshsakes!  It is well-written and
engaging.  A lot of extreme conservatives and fundamental religionists of
various stripes are dead-set against it, which only endears it to the rest
of us.  The main messages involve being loyal to your friends and Do The
Right Thing even in the face of pressure to do otherwise.  The current tome
emphasizes the dangers of "political correctness" and I predict that
censoring forces will come out against this book;  which will only increase
sales, of course.  <g>

Selene Colfox