[Sca-cooks] fish sausages recipe please

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Jun 24 10:07:15 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 11:51  AM, AEllin Olafs dotter wrote:

> LOL! And I've had it to look at, I think... but skimmed it, never
> really read it, evidently. (I'll never make it - shellfish allergy.)
> Just thought "Gee, that looks good, too bad.."  Good thing someone
> reads things around here...
>
> AEllin

These can also be made with any firm fish fillet. Pike is a classic;
but cod, perch, or even the infamous "chilean sea bass", formerly
"Arctic Char" (which is in fact Pacific sablefish or rock cod, the same
stuff you get at bagel shops, just not cured, dusted with paprika, and
hot-smoked) all work.

Thinking back, we were _going_ to use watercress, which proved, the day
before the feast in question, to be more expensive than I'd counted on.
We ended up using a coarse-chopped porrey of mixed greens... kale,
leeks, spinach, even some bunches of flat parsley, sauteed and stewed
to a thick green not-quite-puree...

Adamantius