[Sca-cooks] How long can lentils last?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jun 24 18:59:09 PDT 2003

At 09:08 PM 6/24/03 -0400, you wrote:
>I was just puttering through my pantry and found a couple bags of Indian
lentils (chana dal & urad dal) that were stored in zip loc bags, inside a
Tupperware. They are about 8 months old, more or less, and have not been
refrigerated. They look ok to eat. Do you think they are?

>Phillipa

Might take a little longer to cook if they've dried out, but probably ok. I
mean, that's rather the point behind dried pulses, taht they keep for long
periods without refrigeration?...

'Lainie