[Sca-cooks] Back from Lilies War

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:55:57 PDT 2003

>What? No tornado this year?  The last time we went, we had a blast -
>except for that whole "tornado whipping by, picking up the lake and
>dropping it on us" thing :-).  Unfortunately, with more and more events
>cropping up within the Principality that we feel we should attend,
>Lilies just hasn't fit into the schedule for the last while.  I highly
>recommend it as a laid back, smaller Pennsic alternative (where people
>are smart enough not to fight in the heat of the day!)
>Faerisa

So they are still having tornadoes as an event at Lilies? Heh, it is the
perfect time of year for them. I went about 10 or so years ago, and nearly
all the tents were ripped up or apart, and we were sore afriad that the
tornado would actually land on Lilies.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com