[Sca-cooks] Aaaaah...OT

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Wed Jun 25 17:02:00 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 06:34  PM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 03:25 PM 6/25/03 -0700, you wrote:
>>> Grr...hate not being able to talk about it, don't want to
>> spoil it for
>> anyone!
>>
>> Go ahead---just tell me one thing (won't be getting a copy
>> for a while)do any of the "good guys" I like die this time?
>> (thinking of some Hogwarts teachers and others)
>>
>> Johanna
>
> Unfortunately, yes.

Regrettably, this was necessary; after having created a sacrificial
(albeit heroic) Star-Trek-Red-Shirt for the previous installment and
announced that a major character in the series was going to die, angry
peasants with torches and pitchforks would have shown up at Rowling's
house if she had made the same announcement (which she, or her
publisher, did) and then wimped out.

You can only get away with that sort of thing once, ordinarily.

Adamantius