[Sca-cooks] feathered emergencies

Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur goldbergr1 at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 04:42:06 PDT 2003

> You'll be happy to know that I rented tapes of Rocky and Bullwinkle a
> couple years back and forced my children to watch them :-D) And George in
> the Jungle and... dang, what was the other one? Oh- UNDERDOG!

When I was in college, I was a fan (okay, a groupie) of the men's a cappella
group on campus, the Binghamton Crosbys. Along about my junior year, I
dragged my roommate to a concert, and as we were walking home, I commented
that the boys had dropped one of my favorite numbers, the theme from
Underdog. My roommate (a freshman, and all of two years younger than myself)
said "What's Underdog?" I felt positively ancient.

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a FROG!

When in this world the headlines read
Of those whose hearts are filled with greed
And rob and steal from those in need
To right this wrong with blinding speed
Comes Underdog (underdog) Underdog!
Speed of lightning