[Sca-cooks] OT Linguistics, was: Ahhh...

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 09:09:50 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 03:59 AM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus
Adamantius wrote:

[snip]
> Interesting that that should be applied to one who truly believes that
> language is the oldest and best form of true magic. But then you
> probably think the pedants are revolting, so...

Adamantius, have you ever read Diane Duane's _Door Into Fire_ in which
she describes a form of magic in which the words have to be put
together -very- carefully?  If you put a weak one next to a strong, it
gets overwhelmed.  If there's dissonance, the spell doesn't work, etc.

Then there's Suzette Hayden Elgin's books, like _Native Tounge_ which
are all set within linguistic parameters.

Jared