[Sca-cooks] vigils and quail eggs, another idea

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 08:42:57 PST 2003

Wouldn't 'deviled' quail eggs be cute? Can you imagine the work? How about 'marbled' eggs? (Hard boil, then crack the shell and roll it around until really 'shattered' but still on the egg. Then soak the eggs in soy sauce or food coloring for a multi-colored spring look. When you peel, the veins are colored on the egg.) Not period, but always a hit at Easter.

Isabella, being wierd....again.

PS, I've never catered a vigil, but I did provide some of the food. Something I would suggest...putting out tiny plates (maybe even a 'period looking' plastic or a bunch of glass saucers). People don't think to bring feast gear while they are wandering and it makes it much easier. And toothpicks, for the obvious and for spearing food. Maybe this is the norm at these things, I don't know.