[Sca-cooks] Almond paste scare!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 08:04:36 PST 2003

Having finally run out of marzipan and cleaned out the bottom half of my
fridge and enjoying not having the lingering odor of almonds in my studio
for a while now, I decided it was time to get back to work for the upcoming
Investiture.  Seeing I was out of almond paste I jumped in my car and drove
over to Jetro's to pick up a can.  Oops.  No almond paste!  I made an
inquiry with the manager.  No.  They don't carry it any longer!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
There is NO WAY I am going to be grinding several pounds of almonds for
random work.  Well, suffice to say, I pleaded begged and groveled.  I just
got off the phone with her and she was so happy to tell me she is getting a
couple cases in.  Guess I'll be buying a case this time...

Much relieved in Baltimore...

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar