[Sca-cooks] Non-chocolate treats

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 11:49:10 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/29/2003 12:07:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

> Huh??? You didn't/don't like chocolate chip cookies, Oreos or graham
> crackers? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to poke fun or anything. This just
> seems so unusual. I assume from later comments that at least some of this
> is because you don't like chocolate or can't have it.

Yes, it is unusual, but I simply hate chocolate in all its forms.  I'm not
allergic to it or anything.  To me, it tastes so bitter that I cannot stand
to eat it or to even eat anything that has been packaged with it for any
length of time.  I have learned, over the years, to like graham crackers, but
I couldn't stand them when I was little.

> What did you take to kindergarten for your own snacks? What would you prefer
> to have now?

I took vanilla sandwich cookies, as I recall, or perhaps Nilla wafers.  But
usually the sandwich cookies.
I love cheesecake (a trait I share with my father, who eats no other sweets
but that), especially with fruit swirls or fruit on it; carrot and spice
cakes, and yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.  Also most pies and
sweet breads.  Raspberry swirl cheescake is to die for.  I also love good Key
Lime pie - but not the lemon meringue ones, even though they are similar as
far as the custard on the bottom and the meringue on the top.

Brangwayna