[Sca-cooks] cookies and cast iron

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Mar 3 17:01:04 PST 2003

Actually if you search in the Florilegium at
http://www.florilegium.org/

you'll find notes on cookies and cast iron.

Cookies are a problem as there are less entries
on Russian and Central European. There are Middle
Eastern cookies, though and those are found under
Sweet Foods. And there are always wafers.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Matthew & Maribeth Mitchell wrote:

> Hello looking for some cookie recipes to try that would be period. Something
> Russian would be good, middle eastern, Hungarian whatever.

My husband was being nice and he washed my cast iron. Needless to say we
now
have rust.  Help how should I treat then. I to scrub rust off dry low
heat
in oven, what do then