[Sca-cooks] Re:Tile project

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 8 16:30:25 PST 2003

Devra said:
>      I'm not sure that this can be organized in time for this year's Pennsic,
> but maybe next year's would be practical.  If an auction of tiles could be
> arranged (chirugeon always needs money) that would be a great idea. And
> someone would HAVE to take lots of pictures!  Maybe a TI article could be
> done?

Actually, I still think there is plenty of time.

>       Also, as a merchant I am permitted to have items mailed/UPSed to me
> on-site, and held until I pick them up.  This could work for mail-in items,
> as long as they met Cindy Cooper's rules about when things can be accepted.

Actually under a change in the rules two? three? years ago, anyone can now
mail packages directly to Pennsic by either UPS or USPS. This is how I've
gotten some of my stuff up there the last few years. I tend to not allow
enough time, plus I don't want to bother the Coopers with it if it gets there
before Pennsic, so my box has usually arrived two or three days after I do.
But you never know until it gets there, whether it will.

One of the concerns with flying in while shipping things in has been the
logistics of making sure things are packed such that if any one of the pieces
of luggage or the shipped box don't arrive, the problems are minimized. So far
everything has gotten there, but there have been some anxious times waiting
for that box.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com