[Sca-cooks] King Cakes/Twelfth Night Cakes

Jeanne Papanastasiou jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Sat Mar 8 18:40:07 PST 2003

Again with the MIL, the Greeks back it for Epiphany and put a coin in it for
luck.  Her people are sheep herders from northern Greece and she says
they've been doing it for at least 300 years..

Are you from New Orleans?  I have a cook book from the 1951 Krewe of Rex.  I
used to be a member of the Krewe of Isis (all female Krewe).  They used a
gold baby not a plastic one, plastic is only about 30 years old.

One of my first cooking jobs was at K-Paul's kitchen!  How cool!

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm