[Sca-cooks] Quail eggs ( was: no subject)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Mar 11 11:30:23 PST 2003

> I thought a vigil ante was the plate of food or small gift you had to
> put on the vigil table to play in the game.

Hm.. now there's an interesting tradition.

At Christenings in 'the old country' (back to our period), the godparents
inserted contributions of coins into the child's swaddling bands at the
Christening.

Another tradition, perhaps not quite as old, requires the bride at a
wedding to have some object in her hand in which the guests, as they dance
with her, insert money as their wedding presents.

Hm... I find myself seeing the Four Worthies slipping Amazon gift
certificates into the new peer's peerly clothing...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/ No longer lend our strength to
that which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/
And we shall lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_