[Sca-cooks] OOP - curries

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 17 19:46:05 PST 2003

I have yet to find a single source for Indian measures.  Most of what I have
found is from the foot notes of various translations of Indian sacred texts.
There are discrepancies, but I have yet to determine if they are regional or
temporal variants or translation errors.  As for knowing about tolas, that
comes from an interest in black market currency operations I had in my
youth.

In that long ago, an American dollar was officially 11 French francs, but
you could get 22 on the street in Paris.  Depending on the exchange rate
between the Swiss franc and the German mark, you could convert the French
francs to either of the currencies in Switzerland then convert that back
into US dollars at the American Express office on the base in Germany.
Double to triple your money for a triangle trade weekend.

Bear