[Sca-cooks] Cheesecake? OOP (again)

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 18 19:19:52 PST 2003

I thought I'd also send my dad's cheesecake recipe. This one is NOT low fat.

Ellis' Cheesecake

8 servings

-----CRUST-----
1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 pound  Butter -- melted
1/4 cup Powdered sugar
-----LAYER-----
9 ounces Cream cheese -- softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Beaten eggs
1 teaspoon Grated lemon peel
-----TOPPING-----
1 cup Sour cream
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350º.

CRUST: Blend together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and powdered
sugar. Press all but 1 tablespoon of this mixture against bottom of 9"
springform pan. Keep remainder for top of cake.

LAYER: Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add individually, beating
well after each addition, the sugar, beaten eggs, and lemon peel. Spoon
mixture into crust shell. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes. Cool.

TOPPING: Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread on cooled layer.
Return to oven for 5 minutes. Chill.

Aelfwynn