[Sca-cooks] rookie cooking question

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 24 10:21:15 PST 2003

> | Farmers Cheese certainly qualifies as "chese newe" but I like
> | the Mexican Queso Fresco better.  My local Costco [warehouse
> | store] carries the latter in industrial quantities, but that's what comes
> | of living in Southern California.
>
> Sam's Club here in central NC does as well, though we do have a fairly
> sizeable immigrant population - mostly migrant farm workers.  In fact, they
> opened a Mexican consulate here last year...

In Allentown PA, the Price Rite (discount branch of ShopRite) carries it.
Which means it's easier for me to get cheap queso fresco than good (let
alone cheap) farmer cheese.... *pout*

-- Jadwiga, who admits to having a contact in Lancaster meet her in
Reading with 25 lbs of cheese at least once... :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The tumult and the shouting dies/The captains and the kings depart
Still stands Thine ancient sacrifice/An humble and a contrite heart."
	-- Rudyard Kipling, Recessional