[Sca-cooks] The Drunk Maker

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 10:42:57 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/24/2003 12:51:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jeanne at atasteofcreole.com writes:

> Cute
>
> http://www.independentproject.com/oldWFH/disk06/Crash/Drunk/mead.html

Hardly.  Besides the overuse of the so-called "humorous" insult and put-down
(on a subject they may or may not know much about), the procedure they
describe is so vague as to be likely to cause major problems.  Like, saying
to boil the water and honey, let it cool for "a while", and then add the
yeast, which has been in water that is "not too hot"...Some numbers would be
nice, or we are going to have a lot of people with skunky rotten semi-mead.
And I don't know about them, but my husband racks his mead several times, to
get it off the dead yeast (a step never mentioned), and it's not even
remotely drinkable in 4-6 weeks - his is best at about 6 months or more.

Brangwayna
grumpy and ill today.