[Sca-cooks] Almond paste scare!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:50:44 PST 2003

Smarty-pants.
Trust me, I've ground a LOT of those @#$@#$#$ things.  I'd sooner go out of
the soltie business if I had to start grinding them for all the stuff I do.
It's hard enough on my mixer, hands and companions to mix the seven pounds
of paste up to make the marzipan.  Takes a hours to get it right.  Frankly,
I try to schedule the task when my daughter is around or lots of company is
over.  I never mix in the rosewater but leave that to put in at the
worktable.  I have found the marzipan doesn't keep as well for any period of
time.  It also give me lots more control over the stiffness of the 'pan at
the worktable.
Olwen