[Sca-cooks] RE: Duct Tape

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 17:29:03 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/26/2003 8:10:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rohanna1 at hotmail.com writes:

> And if you have Siberian Huskies, they LOVE Duct tape - but only on the
> roll.  It's apparently like catnip to them again while on the roll. Which
> we
> found out the hard way.

One of our cats likes to play with duct tape.  We found this out in an
attempt to keep her off certain furniture.  We had read that a way to keep
cats off stuff was to put loops of tape on cards and scatter them over the
surface; they would get the tape on their paws when they jumped up, and
supposedly didn't like that.
What we did was lay strips of duct tape sticky side up on the furniture.  We
discovered our mistake when we observed Dubh deliberately "fishing" over the
edge of the table, trying to get a piece stuck to her paw...As soon as she
would shake one off, she'd go get another one.  She will often come and "beg"
a piece of tape if we're using it.
Of course, she also has an irrational attachment to foam shoe insoles, new
ones.  She has already stolen at least one set out of my husband's period
shoes, and she will dig the trimming scraps outof the trash can.  It's the
only thing she will raid a trash can for.  We have to keep any shoes that
have insoles in them locked up.

Brangwayna