[Sca-cooks] Reasonable substitution for musk question.

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Wed Mar 26 15:56:42 PST 2003

hmmm  well various sources say that musk sweets have a parma violet taste if that is any help. Not that I actually know what palma violets are!

I would put the flavour in the same sort of class as orange flower water... a little like rose water (in that it is very flowery and perfume-y) but not as strong in flavour.  If you have ever made violet cordial it smells rather like that.

Is that any help?

Kiriel