[Sca-cooks] Question

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Mar 27 06:42:48 PST 2003

I suspect that this might provide the answer--

This is from the Gode Cookery website.
http://www.godecookery.com/friends/frec42.htm

They use prunes and not dates, but otherwise:

Chicken Stuffed with Apples and Prunes
Chicken roasted with apples & prunes - contributed by Rebecca A.C. Smith
1 chicken, split in half lengthwise
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
4 oz prunes, sliced in half
salt & pepper
Half of the apples and half of the prunes are placed between the skin and meat of
the chicken breast and thigh area. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 2 hours at
350° F.
Arresty, Esther B; The Delectable Past; Simon and Schuster, New York, 1964. p.
41.
Chicken Stuffed with Apples and Prunes is featured in Feast for Christmas Revel.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway