[Sca-cooks] Question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 27 21:08:53 PST 2003

Amanda asked:
> It does look yummy, but I must admit, I'd feel better if there was better
> documentation than a cookbook printed in 1964.

Yes, that was bothering me, too. I'd at least like to see the original recipe
or know where it was from.

> So, if you were wanting to
> roast chicken, for feast.....what would be your choice? I'm leaning toward
> roasting the things, then making sauces to go with it, but if I'm doing the
> same w/ roast pork, will that be too much?
Perhaps some of the recipes in these files in the FOOD-MEATS section might be of interest:
roast-chicken-msg (39K)  8/31/00    Period and SCA baked or roasted chicken.
roast-meats-msg   (96K)  2/ 2/03    Hints and period recipes for beef roasts.
roast-pork-msg    (52K) 12/30/02    Cooking pork roasts. Medieval recipes.

I haven't had time to look and see if any of the chicken recipes had things
stuffed under the skin.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com