[Sca-cooks] The Sense of Taste, was Non-chocolate treats

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 12:45:27 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/30/2003 3:35:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

> Sweet puts me off (as i've said before on this list).

I'm OK with sweets in pastry for the most part, but some things are just TOO
sweet - I had a roommate once who would get glazed, cream-filled donuts
(which are too sweet for me to begin with) and would then ask for an extra
cup of the cream filling to dip them in.  BLEARGH!

I go for sour or tart, mostly.  Sour candies over sweet things any day,
although I eat very little candy at all.  My favorites are things like
SweetTarts, the Altoids Sours (especially the tangerine), and sour gummy
candies.  This also tends to feed over into my pastry choices - Key Lime,
things with raspberry filling, etc.  I am desperately trying to resist the
new donut craze in my area - glazed donuts (which I love), with raspberry
filling...

Brangwayna