[Sca-cooks] Sugar awww Honey Honey

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 30 22:41:12 PST 2003

Nichola asked:
> ... did
> they do or is there evidence of "Spun sugar".  That would be the sugars
> used to create the really nifty artsy type things we recently discussed
> when the Pastry Chef Competition was going on for real and on the Food
> Network.
> SO I am curious about Spun Sugar... (At least I think that is the term.)

What is "spun sugar"? Is that the same stuff as "cotton candy"? I happened to
notice that my local grocery now sells this stuff in plastic bags hanging on a
display rack.

> Always searching for new fun projects...
How about sugar paste?
sugar-paste-msg  (100K) 10/22/02    Making sugar paste sotelties.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/sugar-paste-msg.html

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com