[Sca-cooks] Dayboard aftermath

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 30 23:45:01 PST 2003

Brighid ni Chiarain wrote:
>The short version:
>
>There was enough food.
>People liked the food.

Yea! Huzzah! Vivats!

>My feet were killing me for the rest of the day

After Boar Hunt 2001, i was limping for three days. I have since
cooked several more feasts with minimal foot pain. I'm not sure what
caused it... maybe i spent too much time at some point with my weight
unevenly balanced or something... I make sure i wear good shoes - and
fine socks. Yes, the socks matter. I hurt my feet doing one feast
just because my socks were a bit coarse.

>  EVERYTHING took longer than expected.

That happens a lot... I make detailed plans of how long things should
take and when to do stuff - broken down into 15 minute increments.
This has actually helped at bit, although not everything goes
according to schedule.

>  I was a little worried when some items (cubed cheese, cold chicken)
>disappeared
>  after the first hour and a half.  I mentioned this to one of the
>autocrats, and she
>  shrugged and said, "It's lunch.  There's enough food here for what
>it's supposed to
>  be."  Point to remember: dayboard is not synonymous with
>all-you-can-eat buffet.

We don't do dayboards around here (we camp and we bring our own), but
i love that remark :-)

>I got a lot of compliments on the food, and all in all, I think it
>was a success.

Yea! Huzzah! Vivats!

Anahita